Friday, September 30, 2011

How to Make Kick-Ass Chicken Kebabs

I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't cooked much in the last couple of weeks. I was dying to get back to it: I enjoy cooking and it really helps me de-stress.

Thursday was a particularly long and busy day at work. As a reward I elected to cook some quick and easy kick-ass chicken kebabs. And they were very rewarding indeed.

I needed to share this recipe with you: I can't emphasise enough just how good they are.

For the chicken:

  • 1 Chicken breast diced into sizeable chunks.
  • 1.5 teaspoons of curry powder ( I used some top notch curry powder I bought in an Egyptian souq).
  • 0.5 teaspoons of paprika.
  • 1 crushed clove of garlic.

No chicken kebab is complete without a hefty garlic sauce - this one packs a punch!

For the garlic sauce:

  • 1 clove of garlic.
  • 3 cherry tomatos.
  • A wedge of red onion.
  • Sprinkle of dry chilli flakes.
  • Juice of half a lemon.
  • A dash of olive oil.
  • Salt to taste. 

Mix together the chicken, curry powder, paprika and crushed garlic until the chicken is coated in the spices. I left this mixture in the fridge to marinade for about 30 minutes. 

To make the garlic sauce simply blend the ingredients together. I used the chopper from my Philips Hand Blender to blend this sauce. 



Grill, griddle or BBQ the chicken. I cooked the chicken on my griddle, a few minutes on each side. It's a great BBQ recipe. 


Serve the chicken in a lightly toasted pitta bread with a healthy covering of the garlic sauce. I ate this with a cress, tomato and red onion side salad. Delicious!


For some the punch from the garlic sauce will be too violent. If so, cool the sauce by mixing in a spoon-full of greek yogurt. Easy.  

This made enough kebabs for one but probably enough sauce for a couple.

Enjoy.

PS I can't get enough cress at the moment, every salad I make contains loads of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment