Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Food Highlight #2

This weekend's food highlights were definitely a couple of fabulously simple breakfasts!


Breakfast Number 1: Banana and Oat Shake

I generally get some hard and fast exercise in first thing on a Saturday morning - allows me enjoy the weekend relatively guilt free. Afterwards I have a small brunch to help me recover. This Saturday I had a Banana and Oat Shake - absolutely delicious! I'm not a massive fan of smoothies or milkshakes but I really enjoyed this one.

Blend the following ingredients: 1 banana, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, dribble of honey, 1.5 tablespoon of rolled oats and rounghly 250ml of milk. Done.


This shake was inspired by the wonderful 'A Wee Bit of Cooking'.


Breakfast Number 2: Poached Eggs on Organic Caraway and Rye Toast


I'm lucky enough to live within a five minute walk of a gorgeous Organic Bakery. I bought a Caraway and Rye loaf there on Saturday.  For breakfast on Sunday I poached a couple of eggs and served them on a couple of slices of the Caraway and Rye bread toasted. The flavour of the Caraway just worked with the poached eggs. Gorgeous.



No comments:

Post a Comment