Sunday, October 9, 2011

Scallops with Bacon and Cauliflower Puree

Scallops are one of my favourite ingredients. I regularly cook them at home for pasta dishes.

This recipe is fairly simple yet delicious and an impressive starter for any of your dinner guests. This combination of scallops, bacon and cauliflower is a match made in heaven and was inspired by a dish I had at Chardon D'Or a couple of years ago.



Ingredients (serves 4):

  • For the puree: 1/2  cauliflower, milk, 1/2 onion, few cloves, 2 bay leaves, knob of butter.
  • 12 scallops.
  • 8 slices of streaky bacon.

I used this recipe from the BBC for the cauliflower puree. The subtle flavour of the cloves works nicely. I need to perfect a smoother puree.


Dry fry the bacon until crispy. Remove any excess oil before serving.


Sear the scallops in a little olive oil. A couple of minutes on each side is enough.


To serve smear a layer of the puree on the plate and delicately place the scallops and bacon on top. I added a little cress. Simple.



No comments:

Post a Comment